DAR JAMAI PALACE
Dar Jamai Palace is located on the border of El Hedim Square and the Medina (ancient city). It was built in the 19th century by the vizier Mokhtar Ben Larbi Jamai. This beautiful monument was transformed into a museum from 1920 under the name of "Museum of the indigenous arts", then, renamed "Museum Dar Jamai". Through the visit, you will realize the luxury in which the vizier used to live. Dar Jamai museum consists of the following exhibition halls: the ceramic room of Fes Tafilalet, the ceramic room of Meknes-Fes, the room of the painted and carved wood, the central courtyard (the traditional costumes, embroidery, collections of urban and rural jewels), the Moorish bathroom (usual objects used in the hammam: wooden buckets, small containers and yellow copper, wool gloves ...), the ironwork room, the Zerhoun pottery and pottery room, the dinning room, the textile weaving room, the bride's room, the Qobba on the first floor (ceremonial salon according to the Makhzen tradition) and the room reserved for arms.