Borj Bel Kari Museum
Borj Bel Kari Museum also called Meknes Pottery Museum.
It takes its name from the famous bastion called «Borj Bel Kari», located north-west of the Kasbah and south of Bab Mansour Laalej, adjacent to the Bab Bel Kari district, close to the majestic historical gate of Beni Mhamed. It is a building from the first Alawite era with a military vocation, erected in the Ismaili era towards the end of the 17th century, to further strengthen the defense system that marked the architecture of the fortified imperial city. It is an example of military architecture, considered as a watchtower, forming the corner of the Qasbah enclosure and entirely built in adobe style. Its role was to ensure the security of the former city of Ar-Riad Al Anbari, the current Mellah, dedicated during the 17th and 18th centuries to the residence of the nobles and elite of the time. A work classified as a Historical Monument by the Dahir of 18 October, 1914, listing the gates and ramparts of Meknes.